We would like to invite you to participate in the sixth annual Environmental Challenge, which is being held in conjunction with the Conference on the Environment (COE). The COE---to be held on November 19, 2014 at the University of Minnesota Continuing Education and Conference Center (CECC) in St. Paul, Minnesota---is an annual conference jointly sponsored by two of the leading regional organizations of environmental professionals:
The Upper Midwest Section of the Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA)
The Minnesota Section of the Central States Water Environment Association (CSWEA)
The Environmental Challenge is an opportunity for students to:
- Network with over 120 section members and exhibitors;
- Work to solve a complex environmental problem that is typical of those facing environmental professionals, today; and,
- Earn a cash award (top 3 teams) for the best delivery of a problem solution.
To participate, you should take the following steps:
- Review the attached Protocol, which explains the procedures for participating in the Environmental Challenge.
- Review the attached Problem, and begin formulating a written proposal, table-top presentation, and formal presentation.
- By October 10, e-mail your team's Intent to Participate to Chandler Taylor. Please include your school name and a point of contact to receive any updates.
Note: all attachments are also included in the "2014 Environmental Challenge Packet", below.