This is a solicitation for abstracts of papers to be considered for presentation at the 2015 Conference on the Environment (COE), which will be held Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at the Minneapolis Convention Center (map). The COE is one of the premier conferences in the Upper Midwest dealing with today’s pertinent environmental issues. To receive consideration, abstracts must be submitted to the COE Planning Committee by July 1, 2015.
As a part of the 2015 Conference on the Environment, we will offer concurrent technical sessions of specific topics associated with water, air, and waste management issues. The conference is co-hosted by the Central States Water Environment Association (CSWEA) and the Air and Waste Management Association (AWMA), Upper Midwest Section (UMS). This year’s conference theme is “Innovation and Collaboration, the Keys to the Future”. The 2015 technical program has not yet been finalized. However, some general topic areas to consider are:
- Climate Change and Greenhouse Gases
- Energy Conservation, Production and Utilization, Sustainability in Designand Construction
- Industrial Treatment, Pretreatment and Pollution Prevention
- New/Innovative Technology Research and Application
- Non-Point Pollution - Sources and Management
- Nutrient Removal and Management
- Regulatory Issues
- Renewable Energy and Biofuels
- Solids Handling/Biosolids Treatment & Stabilization
- Sustainability in Wastewater Treatment
- State and Federal Water Programs
- Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL)
- Stormwater – Municipal, Construction, or Industrial
- Toxics/Emerging Pollutants Monitoring and Control
- Wastewater Reuse Applications, Technology and Regulatory Issues
- Water Quality/Watershed Management Issues and Initiatives
To receive consideration, please submit an electronic copy of your abstract to the COE Planning Committee, in care of Tracy Hodel (email@example.com) by July 1, 2015. Abstracts must besubmitted on the form provided (attachment pending). As noted on the form, asbtracts should beat least 250 words in length, demonstrate originality in concept, and provide enough scope for the review committee to determine overall content. Novel, technical, and regulatory approaches that involve collaborative partnerships resulting in successful outcomes are encouraged. Abstracts must clearly establish their significance to current air, waste and water management issues. If this information has been previously presented, please provide details on the conference such as its name, date, location, and approximate number of attendees.
After collecting the abstracts, the review committee will decide on papers to be presented at the 2015 COE. Final selection criteria will be based not only on the abstract’s content, but also on its fit with other selected papers to build session topics. We appreciate your consideration of this solicitation and look forward to reviewing your abstract. If there are any questions, please contact either Tracy Hodel, COE Co-Chair & CSWEA Past Cair [(320) 255-7226, firstname.lastname@example.org] or, Kathryn Anderson, COE Co-Chair & A&WMA-UMS Past Chair [(651) 294-4593, email@example.com].