We would like to invite you to participate in the fifth annual Environmental Challenge, which is being held in conjunction with the Conference on the Environment (COE). The COE, to be held on November 12, 2013 at the University of Minnesota Continuing Education and Conference Center (CECC) in St. Paul, Minnesota, is an annual conference jointly sponsored by two of the leading regional organizations of environmental professionals:
Air & Waste Management Association (AWMA) – Upper Midwest Section
Central States Water Environment Association – Minnesota Section
The Environmental Challenge is an opportunity for students to:
- Network with over 120 section members and exhibitors.
- Work to solve a complex environmental problem that is typical of those facing environmental professionals today.
- Earn a cash award (top 3 teams) for the best delivery of a problem solution.
To participate, you should take the following steps:
- Review the attached Protocol which explains the procedures for participating in the Environmental Challenge.
- Review the attached Problem and begin formulating a written proposal, table-top presentation, and formal presentation.
- Email your team’s Intent to Participate to me at the email address below (include your school name and a contact name to receive Environmental Challenge updates) by October 3, 2013.
If you or your students have questions regarding the Environmental Challenge or the COE, please contact me at 952-832-2621 or email@example.com.